Reviewed and updated, July 24, 2020
We are currently meeting for worship at 10am on Sunday mornings. We are also meeting on Wednesday nights in the auditorium at 7pm.
As we take these “baby steps” back toward assembling, here are our guidelines to try to keep everyone safe and healthy:
- Masks are requested for ages 13 and up. If you do not have a mask, we have some available in the lobby. If your mask becomes a problem for you, feel free to go worship mask-free with the livestream in the gym (where social-distanced chairs are set up) and join us for fellowship in the parking lot after worship.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PLANS:
- No hugs or handshakes for now. (We know, this is difficult!)
- Where to sit – We will have certain parts of the auditorium marked where people can sit. We ask family units to sit together and not split up. The marked spots will be on the ends of pews, every other pew.
- Exiting after worship – After worship ends, we will exit by rows starting in the back. We ask that you don’t stop in the lobby to talk, but please exit to the parking lot, where we can all visit in open air at appropriate distances.
- We encourage everyone in high risk categories to please stay home to protect your health, until the threat of serious illness gets under better control.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well! If you have any signs of sickness, even small ones – fever, persistent cough, etc – please stay home for extra precaution. And of course, please stay home if you feel any of the other ‘typical’ COVID-19 symptoms: sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell.
- We do not believe you are ‘forsaking the assembly’ when you stay home for genuine health concerns such as sickness and the threat of sickness we are facing right now.
LORD’S SUPPER and CONTRIBUTION PLANS for Sunday Mornings:
- Preparation – The Lord’s Supper preparers will wear a mask and food-preparation gloves. The bread will be placed in individual cups, the same type of cups that the juice will be in.
- Servers – Our servers will be wearing clean gloves and masks for extra precaution. The servers will use the empty pews to bring the tray to each family for them to take their own cups. Trays will not be passed down rows. This process may take longer than usual so we ask for everyone’s patience to make sure no one is left out.
- Disposing of the Cups – We will ask that each family carry their cups to the back and throw them away as they exit after worship. Trash cans will be set up.
- Contribution Collection – We will not pass trays for the contribution after the Lord’s Supper. There will be a wooden box in the lobby marked “Contribution” if you would like to drop your check or money order in the slot. You may also give online through the website or app.
We hope these will be good, safe first steps back toward worshiping together. Please continue praying for good health in our community, and pray that God blesses us as we try to move back toward regular assemblies.