Great Oaks Ladies Ministry is designed to help build community and faith among our ladies of all ages. Here are some of the activities that make up this ministry:
- Ladies Retreat – Once a year in the fall months, we have a “Ladies Retreat,” a Friday night and Saturday morning together for fellowship, food, and faith encouragement. In the past, these have varied between ‘out-of-town’ retreats and ‘stay-in-town’ retreats. These weekends include special lessons geared toward building stronger faith in our ladies.
- Ladies Day – Once a year in the spring months, we have a Great Oaks Ladies Day, a Saturday of encouraging each other, including times for worship, food, and crafts.
- Heartfelt Groups -This is a program where the wiser moms of the congregation are hosting and sharing their wisdom with the younger sisters of the congregation. These groups meet once a month in the homes of members. It is a time of devotional, fellowship, and fun.
- Wednesday Night Ladies Bible Class – We also have a 7 pm Wednesday Night Ladies Class during the fall, winter, and spring months (September through May, with a break for our auditorium Summer Series in the summer months). Our ladies class is a popular one, with a variety of topics discussed in an encouraging atmosphere.
- Thursday Morning Ladies Prayer Group – Our Thursday morning ladies prayer group meets at 8 am, for a time of sharing prayer requests and lifting them up to God together.
- Ladies Care Group – This group of ladies meets once every 3 months to reach out and encourage our shut-ins with a visit and special delivery.
- Bringing Meals to Help Others – Our Ladies Ministry takes the lead in organizing meal schedules for those who are returning home after having a baby or recovering from illness or surgery. These schedules are emailed out and people select what day they would like to provide a meal.
- Spanish-Speaking Ladies Dinner and Devo – On the 3rd Friday of every month, our Spanish-speaking ladies host a meal and devotional time in each other’s homes. All ladies are welcome, and when English-speaking ladies can come, the devotional is translated into English.
If you have questions about being involved with our ladies ministry, please contact our church office (email@example.com), and they can help you get started.