At our 9 am Sunday Bible classes, we have classes for all ages, from the newborn nursery to adult studies. The adult class choices include a variety of groupings and topics that change every 3 months. In addition to studying the Bible, our adult classes also usually include a time of taking prayer requests and having a prayer together. We believe you will find these Bible classes to be encouraging and thought-provoking, and our classes are also great places to get to know each other better in a smaller-group setting. (You can see our current list of Bible classes here.)
Our Sunday morning worship begins at 10 am, and usually ends between 11:00-11:15 am. Our goal is to worship in the simple and meaningful ways that Jesus and the apostles taught the New Testament church to worship.
- We sing acapella as a congregation, usually with a mix of older and newer songs (Eph. 5:19).
- We have several public prayers led on behalf of the congregation, praising God and asking His blessing on our lives, our church, our community, and our world (Matt. 7:7-11).
- We pass around the bread and juice of the Lord’s Supper, to remember the death of Jesus as a church family each Sunday (1 Cor. 11:23-26). There is a short devotional thought before the Lord’s Supper, intended to prepare our minds to reflect on the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins.
- We pass around trays for our members to give together to support our ministries both locally and globally (1 Cor. 16:1-2).
- We have a lesson from the Bible, which is intended to be understandable and relevant in encouraging us all to live more faithfully (1 Tim. 4:13). At the end of the lesson we stand and sing an “invitation song,” during which anyone who desires public prayers or wants to take a public step of faith can come to the front row to talk with the preacher and/or elders. Our leaders will help those who come forward with their requests by either leading the congregation in prayer on their behalf or baptizing them into Christ.
We also meet for worship on Sunday evenings at 5 pm. We always have members and visitors who are able to come to our evening worship that couldn’t come in the morning, and there are often devotionals and get-togethers planned after the 5 pm service. Our Sunday evenings together are often some of our most memorable times of worship and fellowship.
Wednesday nights at 7 pm, we meet in the auditorium for a devotional period of about 15-20 minutes before dividing into Bible classes for all ages. Our Wednesday evening classes also explore Bible topics in 3-month periods. In the summer months, we usually have a “Summer Series” of guest speakers in the auditorium for our adult classes.
We would love to have you visit our weekly assemblies! We think you will find everything very God-centered and spiritually encouraging.